RE: [oc] Verilog vs VHDL

Brad,

all I can say is that I started programming in VHDL as it appeared the more
popular language. It was fairly easy to get a simple program in it up and
running. Unfortunately I then found practically all the professional (as in
doing it for a living) HDL programmers I spoke to code in Verilog. So I took
a look at Verilog instead, haven't looked back yet. If you know how to code
simple C programs then Verilog is rather like a wacky version of C. You still
have to used to recurrent processes and bit manipulation slightly differently
but generally its a smooth transition well it was for me anyway.

PS I coded my VHDL programs in Webpack and they never worked properly. Since I
switched to Verilog (still using Webpack) so I could ask advices from the pros
all my programs have worked 100% as expected. I don't look back.

Paul