Re: [oc] Idea: V.92 modem

I was part of a process last year that looked into the possibility of doing a soft modem for V.92. What I learned was that this area is highly encumbered with patents from a couple of multi-billion dollar corps. The othe daunting task is that
such a device must be type approved in each local or you can't connect it to the phone lines.

Steve Wilson