Re: [oc] Better VHDL tools anyone?

Paul,

You do realize that only a small subset of VHDL syntax can be synthesized
into a netlist for hardware resources?  I don't know of any synthesis tool
that can handle "wait" or "loop" because there's no way to infer a clock
signal.

If you have it, take a look at appendix A of Peter J. Ashenden's book, _The
Designer's Guide to VHDL_.  He takes a generic look at the capabilities of
synthesis tools and the IEEE proposed standard for a common subset for all
tools.

- John