[oc] Strange mailing list behaviour

Last Wednesday, I received the following
message from majordome@opencores.org

# Succeeded.

The message arrived at 15 Aug 2001 08:02:33 GMT

This seemed quite strange, as I was not
aware of sending an unsubscribe request
I waited for a while, and I was indeed
unsubscribed, as e-mails from cores stopped.

Has anyone else had a similar thing happen
to them?

Some explanations I can think of (in order
of decreasing probability) are:

1) The unsubscription was somehow
triggered by the last message I sent
to cores:
# Slashdot is reporting that
# AMD are discontinuing some
# of their embedded processors
# (486, 586, K6).
#
# Perhaps a chance for an opencore
# to fill a niche?

sent at Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:38:39 local
time (14 Aug 2001 014:38:39 GMT)

2) I have gone senile, and forgotten
about an unsubscribe request I sent.
(The men in white coats are coming now.)

3) There is a bug in majordomo, which caused
an unsubscribe.

4) There has been a breach of security, and
someone is sending unauthorised majordomo
commands.

>From my end, I have resubscribed, but I figured
I should make people aware of the possibility
of misconfiguration, bugs or security breaches.
(I'm sure I didn't request to be unsubscribed!)

Regards
John