Re: [oc] i2c core with DS1621 (temp sensor)

Hi Rob,

Don't use MaxPlus to compile VHDL code. It's VHDL compiler is not compliant to common coding styles. Use Leonardo Spectrum, it will also recognize the VHDL-93 code.

Concerning the temperature sensor, trust me it works. I did the design and it reports the temperature just fine, in hexadecimal notation though (I was to lazy to convert hex. into dec. :-)

Richard

I'm having some problems getting this to compile using MAX+plus II v.9.23.  I'm using a student version of MAX+plus II.  There error is as follows:

VHDL version error:  IS in a component declaration is a VHDL 1993 feature, but project is being compiled for VHDL 1987

Is there anyway to correct this?  If I can't use MAX+plus II then will LeoSpec work?

Has anyone used the simple core with this temp sensor?  I'm assuming it will work, but not positive.

Thanks,

Rob