[oc] High speed serial comms links

Hi

I have a board design with 4 LVDS transmit and 4LVDS recieve pairs and I'm
looking to
get a high speed comms system to run across it.

I want to use 2TX and 2RX lines, I have two RJ45 connectors
with 2TX and 2RX pairs each.

I have already tested the recievers and transmitters by sending a 266MHz
clock
(533MBits/s theoretical max data rate) over
a piece of CAT-5 cable and verified its reception.
I now want to design a high speed serializer/deserializer over 2 LVDS
channels (single direction)

I'm a bit at a loss as to the best way to do this...

Sending Clock and Frame data requires two channels alone in synchronous
comms.

I'll be wanting a way to embedd the clock, data and frame over the 2 signals
in a way
to maximise the bandwidth.
The comms will be eventually implmented between two separate boards that
don't have
synchronised clocks so the design must cater for this.

any input would be great.

Hey, if it works out, it could become anouther opencores core.

thanks
Carl van Schaik
--
OpenFuel Pty Ltd.