Re: [oc] Seamless Functionality

Hello everyone,

lately spam is becoming really a big problem. What we are thinking right now
is to change status of this list from open to closed. Meaning you can post
to this mailing list only from email address that you used during
subscription. In most cases this is ok and it would also eliminate 95% of
spam email. However some of you use different (daily) email compared to the
one that you used to subscribe (for exampel if you have email aliases that
deliver email for different aliases to common mailbox).

Should we make this list closed?

In case that you send email with different from email address than the one
that you are subscribed with, your email will be silently droped. One way is
to send all denied email back with a message that you can bypass closed list
by sending email to some unpublished email address (for example
cores-direct@opencores.org or something like that). I think automated spam
software won't be able to analyze this response and send email to hidden
open list.

I'm also thinking to change all email on the web site from
email@opencores.org_NOSPAM to email (at) opencores.org. This is now very
common on some known web sites that host mailing lists (for example GCC web
site uses this trick). Should we try to do this? However this method of
tranforming email address might be confusing for someone who sees this for
the first time.

Comments?

regards,
Damjan