Re: [oc] Debug Interface

> Hi Igor,
>
> I did find and download the info on your DebugInterface.  This looks like
it
> is what we would need for debugging applications.  However, I couldn't
find
> any info on what happens between the debug interface and the person
writing
> the code.  If I may, here are a couple of questions:
>
> Are there any existing JTAG debuggers that will work with this interface?
> What kind of PC or Unix debug software is available to take advantage of
the
> JTAG interface or is this software going to have to be written also?

I am kindof responsible for debugging software. I wrote gdb port for or1k,
it is finished now, but it would still need some testing with the hardware
and with the simulator, which is also on the way.
Currently or1k gdb port supports all those fancy debugging features you read
about in the or1k arch doc and in the debug interface doc :)

I am going to write a doc about gdb and related stuff, probably in
next few days, but basically gdb connects to the target via parallel port
(or any other port) to JTAG.

best regards,
    Marko