Re: [oc] Fw: UART

Dear Ganesh Venkataraman,

Ovidiu Lupas <olupas@opencores.org> also designed a
mini-uart about a year ago. It is an OpenIPcore. He
indicated that it will be nice to modify it to be
16450 compatible. Is yours an OpenIPcore?

Most UART in Notebook PC are 16450/16550 compatible
and with IrDA encoding/decoding function added.
Most UART used in PDAs (such as PalmPilot etc.) also
have IrDA encoding/decoding function. Adding this
function is very easy and cost almost nothing. With
this, there are millions and millions of existing
devises that you can communicate with.

Regards,

Lichen Wang