Re: [oc] Wishbone historical perspective and a proposal totheOpenCores group

on 1/4/01 18:59, Wade D. Peterson at wadep@silicore.net wrote:

> Whoops!  I guess I didn't mean that I'd take over your project.  In fact, I
> don't even know exactly what it is.  By "WISHBONE technical consultant or
> leadership role" I meant that I'd be happy to act as a WISHBONE advisor (i.e.
> provide technical support), or take a more active role in defining the system
> integration or changing the WISHBONE spec.  That would be my contribution.
> I'm
> swamped with work right now, but I would be happy to spend some time working
> the
> SoC integration issues in an advisory role.
>
> How about this: the group attempts to use WISHBONE 'as-is'.  However, if
> somebody runs into problems or need changes made, then I'll noodle out the
> changes to the spec and make them.  The group can decide what's appropriate,
> and
> provide guidance as to what they want.
>
> My goal here is to get the OpenCores group doing SoC with WISHBONE.  Not only
> does this spread the 'gospel' of the compatible IP core, but I'm hoping to see
> WISHBONE compatible IP on your website some day.
>
> Wade

No, no, that's exactly what I meant ! I think we both mean the same thing !

I think it would be great if you would be in charge of advancements of
the wishbone spec if/when you transfer it to OpenCores. Users would make
suggestions, etc, and we would jointly agree on modifications. You would
participate in everything as you see fit. When we have consensus on a
modification, you would add it to the spec and release a revised version.

My task was to suggest a SoC, and I think it is complete now !

Cheers,
rudi