Re: [oc] Wishbone historical perspective and a proposal to the OpenCores group

Hi,
I have a question about interfacing cores via WISHBONE
bus.
1. how can I connect systems having different clocks,
shull I assume always the same clock and implement
FIFO buffers inside each core or is it the
responsibility of the system integrator?
2. How can I connect some status signals to the other
core where these signals are core specific signals and
has no relation to bus transactions (crc reporting, or
lost cell indication) such signals can be made
available to the external interface via core internal
status registers but if I am working on a cominication
controller I need to have two buses one for status and
one for data which makes it very difficult to
synchronize between both buses.

Thanks