Hi,
 I have already done a complete 16550 compatible UART (RTL level in VHDL).
Now I am working in a different company. Nevertheless, I can help you in
whatever way I can.
Regards,
Ganesh

--
"Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them " - Albert Einstein

Ganesh Venkataraman         Home : A3, Grasmere Co-operative Society,
Design Engineer                    #57,58 Osborne Road,
Cypress Semiconductors             Bangalore - 5600042,
#56, Nandidurga Road,              INDIA.
Bangalore - 560046,                Ph : 91-080-5300578
INDIA.
Ph : 91-080-3530132 extn 150
e-mail : gxv@cypress.com