[bluetooth] micro sequencer

Hi all,
I need a small micro sequencer for my bluetooth core.
this sequencer should operate from a micro program stored in a ROM (or
RAM) the status of all internal blocks and system registers in order to
control the  internal blocks.
I have about 17 main block each of them has about 7-10 control signals
and 3-6 status signals and buses beside that I have about 30 registers
with full of control bits.

This sequencer has to play the main bluetooth controller which I can not
implement in fixed state machines.

Moreover it has not to consume lot of resources because the other blocks
consumes a lot.

I am trying to implement it using a counter and a ROM but according to
the above details the ROM has to be very large and very wide and filling
its contents is very hard. Other CPUs consumes lot of resources.
Do you have any suggestion how this can be done?

Thanks in advance
--
   Jamil Khatib
OpenCores Organization