Re[2]: mu[OT]

From: Maxim Belooussov (m.belooussov@chello.nl)
Date: Thu Feb 08 2001 - 09:30:15 CET

Hello Bob,

Here in Eindhoven, NL, the second-hands are rather cheap, provided you
buy them from private person. In a shop it's double the price. 486
with 8+ RAM, 15' monitor, 200+ MB hard-drive, CD and sometimes some
devices like printer cost at about 100-300 NLF (50-150 US $).
(check out the info at www.2dehands.nl)

2 years ago I've been lucky to buy a P-100, 32 RAM, 1,2 GB harddisk,
CDrom, 15 inch monitor + sound card + 2400 modem for just 600 NLF. Now
this system would cost about 300-400 NLF when bought from a private person.

But not getting a cable modem on P-100? It's VERY strange that those
technicians refused. When I was getting my cable modem, it's been a
breeze to get it all installed. They even said that Linux would work
fine, but I'd have to get the network drivers for 2.2 at their server
first via ftp (they had only windows drivers CD/diskettes). That type
of thing you would not even expect from Chello people!!

However, muLinux has been the first distro I've used with internet.
All thanks to Michele instructions on network drivers and
semi-automatic setup process.

--
Best regards,
 Maxim                            mailto:m.belooussov@chello.nl