Re: another mod...

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 18:58:31 CET

On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 03:42:45PM +0100, Jochen Cichon nicely wrote:

> Beleve me. I've remove much doc and so on (posted before)
> And added mpg123 (working!) and the library (libm...) and some micq clone
> but not well compiled... some bugs (am looking towards)
>
> And all on the first disk (without moving any really important)
>
> But sure I have removed the etc named and samba :(

You removed something else: the whole setup/ directory is only 70k
compressed. /etc/named and /etc/samba gains 2-3k.

The file /usr/doc/readme.html is, instead, very big: as last
resort, it will be eliminated. Its huge and also not useful, because
already on the site.

But I wish to mantain the usr/doc/help directory: it is my
personal block-notes. The only big file in this directory is
vi.it (25k!). Ehm, maybe, if author allow it, we have to remove
or reduce it.

yes, you are right: some work on the /usr/doc may help.

> PS: What about splitting the disk in two areas
> a 1/2/3 k Area at beginning (that is for the Documentation text what is on the
> disk). That area should always have a fixed size.
> And after that the normal Image.
> So we have to call ADDON only (!) no extra text on the first floppy needed,
> no action if there are really new Add-Ons.
> And the prolog script should copy all it needs to /etc... or create
> symlinks instead...
> I think that is a much more elegant way? Isn't it?

Ehm ... I declare myself unable to understand last 2-3 sentence, sorry.
But I'm working on, with my dictionary. My english understanding is still
very rudimental!

Michele

--
In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen