Re: Ease of installation - follow up

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 15:00:03 CET

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 12:25:46PM +0100, Dumas Patrice nicely wrote:
> I reread the mu script, in fact mu doesn't really do
> "fdformat /dev/fd0H1722 \n cat BOOT ROOT.gz USR.bz2 > /dev/fd0\n", but instead
> (mudir is the directory mu is after gunzipping and taring):
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=mudir/tree/lib mudir/fdformat
> Maybe the problem is here ? Suppose you haven't got libc5 installed in your
> computer, nor tree expanded, it fails, isn't it ? Angel Miguel, could you please
> privately send me what ./mu -i gave you ?
> And Michele (or anyone), any thought ?

The error is "/dev/fd0" (see previous email).

The LD_LIBRARY_PATH trick allow to run the mulinux fdformat with its
LIBC5 library. In this way, "mu" work on all linuxes (I hope).

Michele

--
In summing up, I wish I had some kind of affirmative message to leave
you with, I don't. Would you take two negative messages? - Woody Allen