To Marko(for possible addition to FAQ)

From: winsor SMP (zoot@farts.com)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 07:29:17 CET

('binary' encoding is not supported, stored as-is) Here are some answers to frequently asked questions of a very basic nature.

----
Where is the source code?
With the muLinux binaries being almost entirely "standard Linux" the sources for each package may be gathered from their perspective hompages.
As most if not all of the muLinux specific code is in the form of scripts,
the muLinux specific source code is in /usr/script on the base floppy,
or scattered throughout the distribution itself.
----
How do I install this? I've read all the docs and still can't figure it out.
On the muLinux homepage, in the webpages section, there's a link to a "muLinux UMSDOS in a single zipped archive"
Please read the docs there and try installing that.
NOTE this file may be outdated from time to time.
----
Where's the documentation?
Well if you're reading this you're there halfway there.
There is also a Readme file at the muLinux site, as well as much documentation within muLinux itself.
As a last, first, or anywhere in between choice,
Load up your web browser open up your favorite search engine and search for "Linux documentation Project"
----
Why does Xwindows look so plain?
In order to make muLinux work on as many systems as humanly possible,
as well as having X fit on one floppy disk, the VGA16 X server was chosen, while only showing 16 colors and having inherent limitations, this server will run on most PC hardware using a VGA or SVGA video card and monitor.
There is also an SVGA server available at the muLinux site as an extra optional package for those that would like to use more than 16 colors.
To be installed at the users risk.
----
winsor
>Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:39:35 +0100
>From: Marko Djukic <tech@oblo.com>
>To: mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk
>Subject: Re: To trash the FAQ?
>
>:) it's nice to see people getting very passionate about muLinux... you
>get the feeling of momentum!
>
>although critics just for the sake of criticising better beware of
>muLynch mobs knocking their doors down in the middle of the night... ;)
>
>m.
>

>Brett Carroll wrote:
>>
>> The FAQ answered a lot of my questions when i got started....
>> although it is alittle hard to completely understand at times, over all i
>> think it should be there...but could use some editing....Perhaps do away
>> with the FAQ and create a manual covering all topics
>>
>> -Brett

village idiot town drunk
purveyor of fine computer junk