Re: [mu TECH]: Running 'jove' in mulinux

From: Alfred Costa (agcosta@gmx.net)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 05:13:45 CEST

On 9 Aug 2000, at 0:24, Mark Roberts <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk> wrote:

> How can I find out how to drive mu-linux's stty?

In /etc/inittab there are six lines which setup the six default tty consoles;
for example:

        c1:45:respawn:/bin/agetty 38400 tty1

If you change the '38400' in this line to '14400' and then reboot muLinux**,
then the tty1 console will work at 14400bps. It's uncertain if this will fix
your copy of Jove so it runs in mu. I recall trying Jove on other Linux
distros at faster tty speeds than 14400bps, and it worked OK -- it would be
surprising if Jove somehow needed a particular terminal speed to work in mu.

(**it seems as if there ought to be a way to do this without rebooting, but I
don't understand terminals well enough to know how.)

Hope this helps...