Re: Disk on Chip driver

From: Chris Ellec (cellec@elecsysinc.com)
Date: Fri May 26 2000 - 16:47:07 CEST

Gerard MARCADE wrote:

> How can I add M-Systems Disk on Chip 24MB driver to muLinux?
> May be my Disk on Chip is supported already. Sorry, I didn't find the way.
> Do somebody can help me?
> Thanks,
>
> G. Marcade

En voila une idee !

The driver goes into the kernel and a couple of modules (in the block
section). I would think you just get the kernel patch from the m-systems
website and apply it to your kernel.

You probably have to do that on a seperate computer.

Note that they have automatic patches for the 2.0 series, and you have to
apply the 2.2 manually. However, I couldn't get the 2.0 to work, and I ended
up using the 2.2 one.

I'm using a DOC 24MB, but I made my own reduced distro.

Chris.