Fwd: [TECH] Modem-to-Modem wire connection

From: Sabina & Franz (franz@niedermeyer.org)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 13:16:52 CEST

Michele,

I have a (truly) little bit of experience with this. A small telephone
line simulator is available here in the US from Viking Electronics. It
costs just a little over $100, and has dial tone, ring, etc. Two telephones
(or modems) plug in, and it can power telephone lines totalling over 5km.
If I recall correctly, it uses purely American standards for telphone
signalling, and runs on 12 volts (not sure if AC or DC...a 120V adapter is
included).

Note that I do NOT have one of these, but have seen it and researched it.

Franz (franz@niedermeyer.org)