Re: Antwort:Adding PCMCIA Drivers

From: dumas patrice (dumas@rip.ens-cachan.fr)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 13:43:37 CEST

On Mon, 27 Mar 2000, Neo wrote:

> [...]

There is an option in insmod, -f to force the loading of a module even if
the kernel version is not the good one.
But I tried to it, taking a module from my 2.2.10 kernel, (the hp-plus
module, a module for an hp ethernet card) and then running setup -m with
the -f added to insmod, but it returned an error message, stating that
there was some symboles not defined, and also the error for the kernel
version.

Pat
dumas@rip.ens-cachan.fr